The presents are open and the big meal is over. The cookies are almost gone. The guests have left or will be leaving soon. You’ll be putting away the holiday decorations. What’s left? Hopefully, not the post-holiday blues. It is not unusual for some to get a bit depressed. There is such a build up to the holidays and then it is all over very quickly. Here are ten ways to avoid or deal with post-holiday blues:
1. Look at some of the pictures that were taken with everyone together.
2. Send your thank you notes—no emails. Do it the old fashion way.
3. Go to a movie with friends.
4. Read a good book.
5. Write your New Year resolutions.
6. Take a long walk.
7. Write in your gratitude journal that Coach Paulette helped you start.
8. Volunteer at your favorite charity.
10. Practice relaxation.