This delicious salad is ready in a snap thanks to rotisserie chicken and a four-ingredient vinaigrette. Leftover salad is also good the next day for lunch; stir in a handful of arugula to add a fresh touch, if you have extra on hand. Serve with pita wedges.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups salad and 1 tablespoon cheese)
Amount per serving
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 788mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken breast strips (such as Tyson)
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup prechopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- Combine pasta, chicken, and the next 6 ingredients (through oregano) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Laura Zapalowski, Cooking Light