Eating 6 small meals a day is a healthier choice than gorging yourself on 1 or 2 big meals. Eat something raw with each meal, and preferable before the main dish, such as a salad or a piece of fresh fruit. Here are some general eating habits you should stick with:
1. Stay away from artificial sweetners. They are neurotoxins and they effect the nervous system directly.
1. Stay away from white foods. This includes breads, potatoes, rice and pasta. Limit cheeses, for the most part, and cow’s milk. If you feel you need to drink milk, try soy or rice milk.
2. Eat as much raw food as possible, this means fruits and veggies in their original form.
3. Have a big salad before every meal. You can use nuts for protein if you really don’t like meat.
4. Eat only 6 oz of meat at any given meal, and try to keep it at only 1 meal per day. Free range meat is the best, has not been processed with hormones.
5. And most important, drinks LOTS OF WATER. Stay away from soda pop, limit coffee to 1/2 cup-1 cup per day. Don’t forget to drink water before and after your coffee. And stay away from energy drinks. Remember LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER. Always, always read your labels…If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.
For more nutritional information, listen to our Radio Show on Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. or stop by the clinic at 731 Bookcliff Ave, Grand Junction. OR call us 970-256-7454.