Corn and Arugula Salad with Rainbow Tomatoes
- Serves: 4 people
There arent many things I savor more than late summers sweet corn and vine-ripened tomatoes. Use the most flavorful tomatoes you can find and only make this salad when you have corn that is fresh and amazing.
- Red wine vinaigrette
- 1 medium clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 12 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces (about 6 packed cups) baby arugula leaves
- 12 small bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped (about 12 cup)
- 1 large ear fresh corn, shucked, silk removed, and kernels cut off cob
- 1 pint rainbow cherry tomatoes, halved; or 3 medium heirloom tomatoes (assorted colors preferred), cut into bite-size pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Place arugula and half of the chopped parsley in a large bowl and toss with half of the vinaigrette. Transfer dressed salad to a platter.
- Using the same large bowl, add corn kernels with remaining parsley, and toss with half of remaining dressing and a small pinch of salt.
- Place corn mixture in the center of arugula on the platter. Arrange tomatoes around corn, and then drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
PER SERVING: 221 cal, 18g fat (13g mono, 2g poly, 3g sat), 0mg chol, 3g protein, 13g carb, 3g fiber, 47mg sodium