Cranberry and Fresh Pear Cobbler
This is a wonderful after-dinner treat that provides a great combination of flavors and health benefits to your Healthiest Way of Eating! Cranberries, like blueberries, rate high in their concentration of antioxidants to combat free radical activity, while the walnuts give you an extra boost of health-promoting omega-3 fatty acids.
|Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutesIngredients:|
- Grate enough orange rind to make 1 tsp zest and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the orange in half and juice both halves into the same bowl as the rind.
- Add the cranberries and honey. Mix until the honey is dissolved. Let sit for 1/2 hour to allow cranberries to soften.
- After the cranberries have softened, cut the pear into 1/4-inch cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Divide the mixture into 2 dessert dishes and sprinkle each with 1 TBS of the chopped walnuts.
For more nutritional information contact Abundant Health LLC 970-256-7454.