3 good -sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed and trimmed
1 1/2 cup apple juice
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Prepare a large baking dish with a touch of olive oil
3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until just tender, do not over cook-you want them a bit firm. They will finish cooking in the oven.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool. Peel if desired. Cut into rounds 1/4 in thick and lay them in the baking dish. Don’t overlap the pieces of potato.
5. In a heavy saucepan place apple juice, agave nectar, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Simmer over low heat for several minutes. Add olive oil and lemon juice, stir well. Pour over potatoes.
6. Bake for 20 min or until hot. Serve hot