- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1 percent) or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking polenta (corn grits)
- 1 medium organic orange
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar (divided)
- 1/2-3/4 cup shelled pistachios (coarsely chopped)
Prep Time: 4 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 310
Skip the cold OJ and instead get your morning vitamin C from sweet oranges combined with creamy, comforting polenta. Thick Greek yogurt pumps up the protein.
Gluten Free, Veggie
- Combine water, milk, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk in polenta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and whisk until polenta thickens, 35 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Zest orange to yield 1 teaspoon; then peel orange and dice sections. In a small bowl, combine zest, orange pieces, yogurt, and 1 tablespoon honey. (This step can be done the night before.)
- Stir remaining honey or agave into polenta and divide into bowls. Top with orange-yogurt mixture and sprinkle with pistachios.
PER SERVING: 310 cal, 9g fat (4g mono, 2g poly, 4g sat), 7mg chol, 9g protein, 49g carb, 4g fiber, 25mg sodium