White Beans and Greens with Eggs
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 24 mins
- Serves: 2 people
- Calories per serving: 262
Beans are a popular breakfast item in Europe, and for good reason: Theyre loaded with protein, and studies show that a high-protein breakfast increases satiety and reduces hunger throughout the day. This super-healthy recipe calls for chard but you can use any leafy green you like.
Gluten Free, Veggie
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons water (divided)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch (12 ounces)chard (stemmed and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cupcannellini beans (cooked, rinsed and drained)
- 2 eggs
- Bring 2 cups water and vinegar to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and saut for a minute. Add leafy greens, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, and beans. Cover and cook until greens are wilted, about 710 minutes.
- Carefully break eggs into boiling water and poach until set, about 5 minutes.
- Divide beans and greens mixture into two bowls. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and place on top of greens. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
PER SERVING: 262 cal, 10g fat (6g mono, 2g poly, 2g sat), 186mg chol, 17g protein, 27g carb, 9g fiber, 658mg sodium